LEGO has officially announced the next direct-to-consumer exclusive set with the LEGO Creator Volkswagen Beetle (10252). The set contains 1,167 pieces and retails for $99.99. It will be available for early access for VIP members on July 14 and the general public on August 1.
Head for the beach with the VW Beetle!
Celebrate the iconic VW Beetle with this awesome LEGO® Creator Expert reproduction. This detailed model comprises a number of special features and elements that help recreate the distinctive Beetle characteristics, including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, flat windshield, VW logo, and an authentic 4-cylinder air-cooled engine and fuel tank. The accessible interior features beige-colored, forward-tilting seats, dashboard and steering wheel, and the roof-mounted surfboard and a cooler box can be removed. This model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia.
• 1960s VW Beetle with surfer theme features an array of brick-built details including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, white rims with distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals and opening hood, trunk and doors.
• Use the included stickers to choose 1 of 4 license plates.
• Remove the cooler box and surfboard from the roof rails.
• Tilt the rear seat forward to access the storage space with fabric beach towel.
• Lift the hood to access the spare tire and fuel tank.
• Open the trunk to reveal the authentic, 4-cylinder air-cooled engine.
• Open the doors or remove the roof section to access the detailed beige-colored interior with dashboard, steering wheel and tiltable front and back seats.
• Special elements include a round tile with printed VW logo, arched fender elements and an updated windshield design.
• VW Beetle including surfboard and cooler measures over 11” (15cm) high, 10” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.